XServer 3.3.3.1 patch for TP770X now available for download.

Bill Mair linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 12:53:10 +0200

Friedemann Baitinger wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Apr 1999, Bill Mair wrote:
>
> > Finally found the time to build the patch file.
>
> I'm running official XFree86 3.3.3.1:
>
> XFree86 Version 3.3.3.1 / X Window System
> (protocol Version 11, revision 0, vendor release 6300)
> Release Date: January 4 1999
>
> from the SuSE 6.0 distribution. It works 'almost' perfect on the 770X,
> why would I need this fix?

Theres a good old proverb "If it works, donīt fix it".
The patch automates the recognition of the Cyber9397 DVD and the 8MB VidRAM,

the accel came with the 3.3.3.1 patch from XFree themselves. I originally
wrote the
patch for the original 3.3.3 to add the 770X chipset to those that XFree
automagically
recognizes. I still havenīt heard anything from the XFree guys though (I
sent them the
3.3.3 patches) :-(

> PS: I say 'almost' above because I have a small problem, please see:
>
>     http://www.baiti.net/~baiti/tp770x/xlatest.html

Sorry Iīve not seen this (yet?). BTW did you see the workaround on Gregīs
page
for the XFree brown-burn screen when closing the lid without suspending. He
suggests CTRL-ALT-F1 to get to the virtual terminal before closing the lid,
and then CTRL-ALT-F7 to return to the XSession after reopening.