ltp: Test & Request

Bill Mair linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 05 Aug 1999 16:23:08 +0200

Frank 'Crash' Edwards wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Bill Mair wrote:
> > I've configured the list to prefix the the string "ltp:" to the subject
> > field, so that it is easier for you all to determine what is coming from
> > the list as a general post, and mails that are directly addressed to
> > you.
>
> Excellent idea; thank you.

The idea came from Thomas Pedersen, I just implemented it.

> > <<< 550 Banned text appeared in body text: 'f**k'
>
> There's a site out there that CENSORS email!!  I am incredulous that such
> a thing is possible in such a strong competitive market among ISPs and
> such.  Unless this is a private company; even so, I think corporate
> censorship is as bad -- or worse -- than any other kind...

I think the idea is to block "S*x" related spam (Probably S*X is a banned word,
so replace "*" with the letter "E" [this is for those who watch RTL]) which is
IMHO an acceptable practice for corporate networks, it can lead to some
legitimate mails mails being refused, but I believe that this is a small price to
pay in the campaign against spam.

> The articulate have no need of vulgarisms.

True, so very true.

Bill.