[ltp] PCMCIA schemes and Redhat6

David Lomas linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 09 Aug 1999 09:57:07 +0100

brad@langhorst.com wrote:

[snip]

> I found it intersting that eth0 tries to come up
> during boot not when pcmcia initializes (or a card is inserted)
>
> lets hope somebody else has figured this out

I ended up renumbering the files in /etc/rc.d/... so that the pcmcia
(which, from memory was S45) became S09, putting it just before the
network related files. I'm not sure if this is really the way to do it,
but it solves the problem of the network not starting when you boot with
the card already in the machine.

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Post Office Research Group              Email: lomasd@postoffice.co.uk
Manor Offices                                Phone: +44 (0)7801 093869