[ltp] X font server - xfs

Rob Mayoff linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 13:50:45 -0500 (CDT)

| On my system xfs is started from some init script at boot time.
| However, using something like:
|
| 	 FontPath "tcp/localhost:7100"
|
| in /etc/XF86Config doesn't work: X won't start up and reports problems
| (errno 111) connecting to the font server, although it's there:

111 = ECONNREFUSED, meaning no program was listening on the port.

Check the XFS error log. It's name should be specified in your xfs
config file (or maybe it's using syslog).

If you don't see any funny stuff there, try "netstat -nat". You should
see a line like this:

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:7100            0.0.0.0:*        LISTEN

Also, try "fsinfo -server tcp/localhost:7100".  You can run that under
strace to see exactly what kind of connection it's trying to make.