[ltp] floppy install anybody?

Michele Di Paola linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 14:05:52 +0100

At 00.43 17/12/99 -0800, you wrote:
>I'm trying to install Linux on a ThinkPad which does
>not have a CD-ROM drive. I'm looking for any
>information that I can find on doing the install
>through floppy disks. I would appreciate it if you
>have (or someone who you know has) done this and are
>willing to share the experience. Thanks.
>
>vasanth
>
>PS: I am interested in installing some verion of
>Linux--RedHat, Caldera, SlackWare, SUSE, Mandrake,
>Corel, anything--using floppy disks and not CD-ROM.

I installed  oan old Debian (1.2 ?) via floppies  on my TP 360c- then I
could complete and upgrade my installation via NFS, and even compile the
PCMCIA module which now works without problems.

I did it some months ago, so if you're interested in a Debian installation,
mail me and I'll try to remember exactly all my moves.
ciao