[ltp] help with sound

Anderson MacKay linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 15:23:14 -0600

Quoth William Wong:
> Does anyone has the experience that the playback rapidly pausing and
> starting ?  Thus effectively the same tone last for a multiple of the
> duration that it should be.

That's what my TP600 does when I suspend and resume.  It's fixed by
having the APM daemon unload and then reload the sound modules when
suspending and resuming.  I could send you the configs, but they vary
from distribution to distribution (Debian here) ... alternatively, you
could just rmmod/modprobe the sound modules by hand.  But the problem
you're seeing is what happens when the sound hardware isn't
re-initialized after an APM resume.  (AFAICT)

--
Anderson MacKay <mackay@rice.edu>