770 cursor drift

Rob Mayoff linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 18:08:34 -0500 (CDT)

| 	I'm having a problem on this ThinkPad with the mouse pointer drifting very
| slowly across the screen. This is not a consistent problem  but occurs more
| often than not. It is not operating system specific and occurs with RH 6
| and NT. I've installed the TrackPoint NT driver. Anyone else with the same
| problem?

Most likely you're resting your finger on the Trackpoint stick.  If the
pressure on the stick doesn't change for a while (10 seconds I think),
the firmware decides that's the stick neutral position.  When you take
your finger off, the pressure changes and the cursor moves.  After 10
more seconds, the firmware picks up the new neutral position.