770 cursor drift

Jamie Zawinski linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 02 Jul 1999 23:52:22 -0700

Rob Mayoff wrote:

> Most likely you're resting your finger on the Trackpoint stick.  If the
> pressure on the stick doesn't change for a while (10 seconds I think),
> the firmware decides that's the stick neutral position.  When you take
> your finger off, the pressure changes and the cursor moves.  After 10
> more seconds, the firmware picks up the new neutral position.

Neat, I didn't know it did that.  What I had noticed was, if you open
the lid and start pressing on the trackpad while it's still
un-suspending (while the disk is spinning up or whatever) then it will
start drifting.  Closing and reopening the lid fixes it.

--
Jamie Zawinski             jwz@jwz.org             http://www.jwz.org/