Mandrake 6.0 XServer setup problem.

Grant Lotter linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 13:46:03 -0400 (EDT)

Does anyone have a fairly detailed selection list for getting X to run
(even unaccelerated would do for a start!) on a 770X/Z (13.7 Screen) using
the standard Mandrake 6.0 installation package [apparently an almost
direct clone of the RH 6.0 installation package].

 While I know that the standard RH 6.0 Trident Cyber 9397 selection will
not get X going, there was a message a few days claiming success (even
accelerated!) with a standard Mandrake 6.0 installation. There are two
9397 choices and neither seems to work (though it might be my subsequent
choices are screwing things up!).

 Things are complicated slightly by my not having a working net connection
on the 770 (I would otherwise just get RH and use Bill Mair's mods) -- I
really would like to be able to use the Mandrake 6.0 cd to install a
functional XServer. As it stands every attempt has ended with linux being
unable to even boot.

  Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  	 gl