tpctl -- ThinkPad configuration tool for Linux

J.d.thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 12:10:30 -0400 (EDT)

>May I suggest using linuxconf to make a frontend? This will give X11,
>ncurses and HTML interface for tpctl. The advantage is that you use the
>same code for all GUI modes. The disadvantage is that the output may be
>a bit boring (no fancy graphics).
>
>If this sounds interesting I could provide an initial linuxconf module
>with some of the options implemented, ready to be used and easy to
>populate with more tpctl options.
>
>Stein Vråle

I like the LinuxConf idea.

Would it be best to interface with the smapi module directly via
ioctl() or to do it via tpctl?

(I find it a bit funny that in order to twiddle a single bit in
the CMOS RAM, we use tpctl which talks to the kernel which talks
to smapi.o which talks to the SMAPI BIOS which actually talks to
the RAM.  Whatever happened to POKE ?  :-)

--
Thomas Hood                                                thood@jhu.edu