MWave support for ThinkPads under Linux

Bill Mair linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 12:30:08 +0200

Hi all,

I received this message from Keith Frecette who is in IBMs MWave team:

> Bill,
>
> I've been attempting to collect some statistical data to demonstrate
> ThinkPad that it is in our best interest to develop Mwave drivers for
Linux.
> Thomas Hood has been helping by collecting names of Linux users that
have
> expressed an interest in Linux support.
>
> Although IBM has not yet announced anything, the future does not look
bleak.

> -- Keith

I know that I would really like to have IBM support MWave in the Linux
environment, so please, if you want this kind of support, let me know.

I'll put together a list of the names/email addresses of the people
wanting this
and send it to Keith as a kind petition, it could help his cause, and
give hime
more material to convince IBM's management that there is a real need for

this support amongst the Linux-ThinkPad community.

Please address mails for this petition directly to me, as I don't want
to have
this mailing list filled with a couple of hundred "Me too"s.

mailto:bill.mair@bm-soft.com?subject=Linux-MWave-Petition

The above works on Netscape, not sure about other mailers though. Please

be aware that I will be including both the names and email addresses of
the
people in the petition, I don't want to send Keith (IBM) a mail saying
"150
members of the linux-thinkpad mailing list want/need MWave support",
so please bear that in mind when sending in your name for addition to
the
petition.

I will keep you all informed as to the number of people who will be on
the
petition.

BTW the list now has more that 200 members !

Bill.