IBM thinkpad 760EL doesn't boot

Cydny Fire Eisner linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 21:04:05 -0700

> PartitionMagic (by PowerQuest) is an IBM recommended utility for resizing and
> defining partitions on your hard disk.

I highly recommend Ranish Partition Manager, which is a DOS freeware
& includes source code.  You can get it at the following URL.
http://www.users.intercom.com/~ranish/part/

I used it to recover from a nasty bootsector virus on my dual boot
desktop & have used it on my Thinkpad too.  You can resize partitions
&, more importantly, can save a copy of your MBR to disk.  I've
reinstalled the MBR on both my desktop & TP several times.  Partition
Manager fits on a floppy & I now have a recovery floppy with Partition
Manager & a good copy of my MBR for both systems.

If anyone knows of something like this for Linux, I'd love to know about it.

Good luck with your TP Amalio.

Regards,
Cydny

--
Cydny Fire Eisner
cydny@cfire.com

Knowledge Management | Database | Web | Film