Xfree + 700

Robert A. Munro linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 03 Jun 1999 02:58:10 -0700

Kjell,

You've _almost_ got it working, so hang in there!  I had similar symptoms when
I used Bill Mair's XF86Config file for a 13.7" screen on my 14.1" screen system.

First, I played with the first sync parameter in the Modeline definition, and
this
got me closer.  Try decreasing the number a bit a time until the jitter
disappears.

Then I just happened to try the XF86Setup program, and it did set up a better
Modeline for my system.  I would recommend that you try it (with a backup).

Bill Mair's hack to XF86_SVGA for the TP 770s likely won't work on your TP 700,
but not to worry, the driver you're using sounds right and just needs tweaking.

Regards,
Robert