Got it going.... seeing mem? Still no joy

Michael B. Sayer linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 20:34:37 +0530

My lilo file now looks like this.  I changed the line to read
append="mem191M".  After running /sbin/lilo I still get no joy.  Linux
still reckons I've only 64 meg of ram.  I'm checking out the mem status by
using "free" at the prompt.

boot=/dev/hda3
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeoutP
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.5-15
label=linux
root=/dev/hda3
read-only
append="mem191M"
other=/dev/hda1
label=dos
table=/dev/had

Some of you who have replied are suggesting I need a "square" symbol for
what seems like the 1st two digits:

append="mem5M"

this would be for 195 meg of ram..........

NT sees the mem fine.............. so I don't think I've got any loose chips
;-)

Any thoughts?

Michael

Michael Brennan