Full Screen display in character mode.

Rob Mayoff linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 12:11:01 -0500 (CDT)

Ah, now I understand.

On the 13.7" 1280x1024 screen, the text is automatically pixel-doubled,
because the screen has sufficient resolution.  The 14.1" 1024x768
screen lacks sufficient resolution to double all the pixels, so it
simply uses a 640x480 rectangle centered on the screen.

I used to have a Thinkpad 770 (no letters) with 1024x768, on which I
could press Fn-F8 and it would zoom the text mode to use the full
screen.  It looked like crap because only some of the rows and columns
were doubled.  I don't know if that will work on a 770X/Z, under Linux
(I was running Windows 95 and NT at the time).