Mobile phones / GSM modems

Michael Cameron linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 21:41:04 +0000

I am looking at a new mobile phone and was wondering about integrated
modems - although ugly the Ericson SH888 looks like it has all the
features I could want (Irda modem, dual band).  Anyone have any
experience they can share with me on this?

I live and work in Glasgow, Scotland but visit Europe and the
US relatively frequently. I normally use a 3com 56k global something or
other modem (downloading some files just now so  reluctant to pull the
card to provide exact details) which does not offer GSM capability but I
am very pleased with it thus far in my TP770ED.

TIA,

Michael