test and a note on XF86Config

John A. Smolin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 10 May 1999 12:48:18 -0400

Bill Mair wrote:

> I quoute the following from my XF86Config:
>
> #
> # I have a german keyboard so this may have to be adapted
> # for your system.
> #
>
> Seeing as my file set has been downloaded from everywhere
> between California <USA ;-) > and Tokio I had to setup some
> kind of keyboard, so I left it as it is on my system.

Yes, the real gotcha is that I didn't read the
file and adjust it to my system and myself.
Perhaps you could add a note to this effect on
the files download page.  It didn't occur to
me to look at the thing until after I had problems.
(Obviously I'm new to playing with linux or
I would have known better).

Now, I find I have another problem.  I can't
get the append "mem=127M" line in lilo.conf to
work.  I have seen it on various webpages as
append="mem=127M" or as
append "mem=127M"
and I've tried putting it at various spots in
lilo.conf and nothing seems to work.  Is there
something else I have to do to make linux recognize
that there is a new lilo.conf or something?

Thanks,

John