Red Hat 6.0 + 770X (13.7" Display)

Robert Atkins linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 12 May 1999 08:59:55 +1000 (EST)

> I recently purchased a ThinkPad 770X, and would like to install Red Hat 6.0
> on this system. Will RH 6.0 install straight out of the box on the 770X ?

I had no problems installing RedHat 6.0 on my 770 (9549-1AA). Lilo is
buggering up though, and I just tried installing Yet Another Operating
System on my machine and I can't boot into linux at all, with or without
a boot disk.

*sigh*

I think I'm going to re-install totally from my ThinkPad recovery CD and
start again, as I've been getting heaps of crashes lately with
Winblows...

> manufacturer builds a Ethernet PC Card that will work with RH 6 ?

I'm hoping my EtherJet card will work, but I haven't tried yet. I did get
it working with RH 5.1 on the same machine.

Cheers,
--
/**
 * @author Robert Atkins, ratkins@osix.com.au, www.osix.com.au/~ratkins