[ltp]Netscape shuts down when Java starts

Michael Cameron linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 01 Nov 1999 11:23:01 +0000

rdietric wrote:

> I seem to be having trouble with the Yahoo chat rooms when selecting
> Java over HTML as the language.  Whenever I enter one of the chat
> rooms with Java enabled I get a message which says Java is starting
> and then Netscape shuts down.  I have tried reinstalling Netscape and
> that didn't help.
>
> Any ideas anyone?
>
> Thanks
> Bob

Have the same problems using Netscape 4.61 on TP770ED and several
versions of NS before that too.  Same release of NS on Windoze is okay
though. I just turned off Java for certain sites to get past the problem
but Java does seem kind of buggy and there are some sites I just cannot
visit using my TP.  I'd be interested in any possible solutions too.

Michael
--
Synteks Computing Limited                Tel: +44 (0)1563 822370
Broompark, Clockston Road                Fax: +44 (0)1563 822611