[ltp] PCMCIA Ethernet

Grubbs, Dan linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 07:50:05 -0600

I have installed Mandrake 6.1. I am trying to get a Xircom RBE-100 (realport Cardbus NIC) to work.  When Linux is running, the LEDS on the card seem to be blinking like normal which means something is working and I saw that it seemed to know what the card was in the PCMCIA setup.  I tried to get DHCP working.  I tried setting the device to eth0 and didn't know which "kernal" (driver?) I should be selecting as my card doesn't appear in the list.  If I restart the computer, it fails and causes hanging until I remove the adapter from the network setup.

What do I need to do to get it working?

Dan