[ltp] Rough X upgrade...

Sun, 7 Nov 1999 13:41:09 -0700

I am using RH6.1 on a 770Z (9549-81U).  I think it's the one that does
1024x768, not 1280x1024.  Anyway, I downloaded the latest binaries from the
xfree86.org site, and did the preinst, extract, postinst, then tried to run
Xconfigurator to get it working properly.  Now all I get is a blank screen
when I do startx.  I have tried all sorts of combinations for the monitor,
refresh rates, etc.  I know it's a trident DVD w/ 4 megs.  SuperProbe shows
the info correctly, but I can't seem to biuld a working XF86Config file.

Before I upgraded, I was able to get a *flickering* but usable xwindows to
come up.  Even when i installed 6.1, I had to use text mode because the
default install x wouldn't work on teh TP.

Any idea's?

Thanks much,
Christopher