Fwd: [ltp] Incorrect CPU MHz in cpuinfo on TP600e

Alex Morris linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 09 Nov 1999 10:23:34 -0800

>TP 770ED / redhat 5.2 (though hacked a bit since then) / 2.2.12 kernel
>
>cpuinfo shows 265.267154 which is also correct.
>
>a problem with RH6 perhaps?

A couple of weeks ago I upgraded my TP600E BIOS to the latest version from IBM's website. (Now the damn thing won't reboot properly. That'll teach me...) As soon as I'd done it Mandrake 6.1 told me I had a 75MHz processor. After I switched off Quick-Boot (in the BIOS upgrade) Mandrake then reported a 298MHz chip.

I've been told that Mandrake is a development of RedHat. Maybe there's something in it.

Anyway, that's my £0.02

Alex

A complete lack of evidence is proof of a successful conspiracy