[ltp]redhat 6.1 install prob on TP760XD

rdietric linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 20:55:21 -0500

I am trying to install Red Hat 6.1 on a TP760XD in a docking station.

I have the following problems:

1) It won't install in the graphics mode. It does install in the text
mode.

2) After install it doesn't detect my lpt port.

3) If a PCMCIA card is installed the system hangs during boot.  I did
have version 6.0 installed on the Thinkpad in a configuration which
didn't require the docking station and the PCMCIA cards worked in that
configuration.  The Docking station has a Fire wire adapter card and
TV tuner card installed.  There is something about the docking station
that the pcmcia drivers do not like.

4)  I need the docking station to provide access to a Jaz drive which
contains the Linux swap and other part of the file system.  I thought
I could get an Adaptec Slim SCSI 1480A PC Bus card and run the TP
outside the Docking station with the Jaz connected thru the PCMCIA
card.  I could not get Linux to install or run in that
configuration.Is this because Linux is looking for the SCSI card
before it loads the PCMCIA module?  Is there a way around this?

Anyone Else experience these difficulties or know how to solve them.

Thanks.

Bob