[ltp] Missing Files

billy ball linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 11:34:07 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Alex Bell wrote:

> I have just installed Caldera Open Linux (from the SAMS book) on my TP
> 385XD for the sixth time, after having found 1.3Gb on the hard drive to
> devote to Linux.
>
> This time I did a Complete Install.  According to the SAMS book there
> should have been several files loaded automatically, eg Adventure and
> pico, but they are not to be found anywhere.

Adventure? you mean from the BSD collection? I don't think it's included,
but you can play the 'dunnet' adventure game with emacs...

(oops! i checked the book, and it does make it seem like it is included...
the good news is that you can get the whole set of BSD games from
http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/games/ ... look for the bsd
collection)... sorry!

the pico editor is installed with the pine .rpm... look under the
col/contrib directory on the CD-ROM...

sorry about that! (i know this is fixed with the next edition, due out
Dec. 10th)...

regards,

billy ball