[ltp] 850Z digital camera; compatibility

Henk Hesselink linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 12:24:55 +0100

Hi Paul,

I assume the 850Z is a digital camera or some such?  Anyway, if the
device uses compact flash with a FAT filesystem (many do) it's much
faster to plug the flashcard in the PCMCIA slot on your thinkpad using a
flash/PCMCIA adapter and just mount the filesystem.  The adapter should
cost around $20-25.  I use this to download pictures from my Nikon
Coolpix 950: works like a charm and very fast.

Cheers,

Henk Hesselink
Anda Consulting