[ltp] vmware 1.1, tp 770ED

Jamie Zawinski linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 18:14:00 -0700

jez miller wrote:

> Do you have this box doing dual-boot AND VMware? Having LILO in your
> master boot record and handling moth Win and Linux booting is the only
> reason I can think of for getting the lilo boot while in VMware. I am
> curious why/if one would want VMware and dual boot.

Yes, it's a dual-boot box right now.  That might change if I ever got
vmware to work properly, but until I do, that's the only way I have of
running Windows at all...

It would be nice if vmware was clever enough to bypass lilo and boot
directly into Windows, but if that's possible, I don't know how.

--
Jamie Zawinski             jwz@jwz.org             http://www.jwz.org/