[ltp] Home network & Printing

Wed, 15 Sep 1999 18:24:56 -0400

1. to connect Linux and Windows, you can configure your linux machine with samba
2. when you configured samba, you can share the windows printer (setup as
networked printer) with linux.  Check out smbprint under linux documentation.
3. to share dialup connection in windows machines.  You can use www.artisoft.com
iShare (tm).  Or check out a microsoft's RAS utility that allows you to do
similar things as ip masquerading.  Can't remember what it is currently called,
but it's also known as SteelHead.  However, this only runs on NT.  It's easier,
however, to use ip masquerade in linux.

Geert Janssen <geert@watson.ibm.com> on 09/15/99 05:37:52 PM

Please respond to linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com