[ltp] Home network & Printing

Geert Janssen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 09:35:19 -0400

Thanks go to "h2chen@us.ibm.com"!

I have found some related documents at www.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/.
Indeed samba is the way to go to share a printer that's attached to a Windows
machine's parallel port, and also attached to a LAN, from a Linux box.
When both machines are running Windows95/98 it is easiest to use "File and
Printer sharing". I also found some info at the microsoft web site about
how to set up Internet Conncetion Sharing.

Thanks again,

Geert

--
By the way: I discovered that when my TP 770Z sits in its bay and I boot
RedHat 6.0 Linux and the external mouse is attached to the bay, the trackpoint