[ltp] IBM DJSA-230 (30GB) in TP600E

Mon, 14 Aug 2000 18:00:01 +0900

> just received an IBM DJSA-230, a nice 30GB Disk. But so far I was not really
> successfull installing Linux and (YUCK!) win98 on it.
> The BIOS gives me the usual 8GB (CHS like 16xx,16,63)

Hello,

have you tried the new BIOS from IBM?

It says:

     spsdih41.exe 626,884 English - BIOS version IHET41WW - System
     Program Service Diskette [DSKEXE]

     I. Summary of changes

     version 1.09 - ihet41ww
     - (Fix) Linux can not be installed properly or Linux can not boot
     after updating BIOS.

My ThinkPad was older than your model, Japanese ThinkPad 600 (I am a
Japanese), and had a problem installing and booting FreeBSD and Linux.
I have applied Japanese version of the above patch, and now it seems
to be working well.

Just for your info.