[ltp] Netgear FA510C with TP i1260

Steve Dalton linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 22:38:52 +1000

Hi All,

Hope someone can help me out with this - it has been giving me grief for
weeks now....

Trying to get a FA510C Card-bus card working with Redhat 6.2. I have the
latest tulip driver and the latest pcmcia package installed and have
ploughed through the reams of information on the net. I am none-the-wiser.

There appears to be2 methods of setting up the card
a) using the tulip_cb.o module from the pcmcia package to talk directly to
the card
b) using cb_shim.o and pci_scan.o to provide an kernel compatibility
interface to the existing tulip.o module

I have tried both methods with the same result - when I try and bring the
Interface up I get the message

eth0: Tx hung 9 vs 0

I have read all the articles on this well-known problem and none of the
suggested solutions have worked for me.

However, earlier in the dmesg I noticed that the probe of the O2Micro OZ6812
seemed to fail the pci irq test. The cardbus is attempting to use IRQ 11 (it
uses IRQ 10 in windows - should these be the same?) and from looking in
/proc/pci it looks like this is also the IRQ that my (currently
unconfigured) soundcard is also IRQ. Do you think this is the cause of the
problem???

I haven't been able to work out how to change the IRQ of the controller or
soundcard. I have tried changing /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia & /etc/conf.modules
but this doesn't seem to make any difference.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Steve