[ltp] Re: Trident 9397-DVD programming docs (770X)

Alan Shutko linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
21 Aug 2000 14:26:09 -0400

kfrechet@us.ibm.com writes:

> The reality is that the vast majority of our customers are not
> willing to pay the premium for a hardware-only modem, and they are
> quite happy with the much-less-expensive "winmodem" approach.

Understandable.  (Minus the people complaining on Usenet about poor
connect speeds with the winmodem.)

With the mini-PCI slots in the newer machines, would it be possible to
market a hardware modem/ethernet combo card?  I haven't found one in
my searches, but I'd be willing to buy that separately, and pay a
premium.  As it is, I have these nice ports on my A20p which aren't
being used.

81 days, 21 hours, 11 minutes, 21 seconds till we run away.
Veni, Vidi, Shelfi:  I came, I saw, I stored Windows.