[ltp] No ethernet LAN with i1460

José Antonio Milke G. linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 15:26:00 -0500

Hi:
I installed Red Hat 6.2 on my ThinkPad i1460, and I have a 3Com PCMCIA 10/100Mbs
card on it. My problem is that I cannot connect to the LAN:
When booting up, it "FAILED" on eth0 initialization, and then the PCMCIA
services get loaded, for which I hear to high pitched beeps, and the 100Mbs LED
on the cards cable gets lit.
However, when trying to ping to the LAN, it says "...Destination Host
Unreachable".
Then I tried:
    ifdown eth0
    ifup eth0
and pinged again, but obtaining the same results.

Can someone please help me? (I am just a beginner, so I may be skipping
important steps).

TIA

Tony