[ltp] Why does the ext2 partition show up in Win95?

Yunwen YE linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 11:23:35 -0600

Hello,

I have four partitions on my TP600. One is assigned
to Win95 and another is assigned to Win2000. One of
the remaining two is used for the boot section of Linux
and the other one for other Linux files.

The problem is when I boot into Win95, one Linux partition,
despite its ext2 format, can be seen, appearing as D:
(C: is the Win95, and E: is the Win2000). If I
accidently click D:, a message saying it is not formated
would you format it pops up. Pretty scary.

If I boot into Win200, everything is perfect.
Did anybody have the same experience? What should I do
to hide D: from Win95?

Thanks.

--yunwen