[ltp] Linux on the T21

Shigeo Tanai linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 05 Dec 2000 10:53:33 +0900

At 02:29 00/12/05, Paul Phillips wrote:
>The boot time on the T21 is LONG.  Staring at an IBM logo for over a
>minute on reboots is nobody's idea of a good time.  There doesn't appear
>to be any way to avoid this (I disabled memory checking and support had no
>other ideas) so I hope I can make vmware run satisfactorily on this one.

Have you adjusted your BIOS setting for startup sequence?
It maybe that your hdd may have low priority, and BIOS maybe
trying to boot from other devices (network, fdd, cd-rom, etc.),
Especially, if your fdd is removable and if you have it removed,
and if fdd comes before hdd in startup sequence, you'll be made
wait for sometime.

Geo