[ltp] RH7 + T20 + Kernel Sources +"me=stupid"

Errikos Pitsos linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 07 Dec 2000 19:43:40 -0500

Hi,

I am relatively fresh to the Linux world and do not know/understand a many
things. Help is greatly appreciated.

I have that nice T20 and am able to install all the stuff (RH7) on it +get
X running and so on. Modem also seems to be working although I have not yet
succeeded with PPP. But here is something I don't understand.But when I try
compiling the Kernel I always get  errors everytime! Like double reference
to this or this has already been defined somewhere else. I don't get it. I
have reinstalled RH7 2 times and the sources about 4 times. Always do my
make clean and make mrproper and still get the errors. What is up? Is there
a problem with the RH 7 kernel sources or am I doing something wrong?
Worked perfectly with older RH distributions on my old Laptop.
Besides that, did anyone get the sound system to work properly with RH7
without having to do any kernel hacking?(yes I did the thinkpad=1 option in
modules.conf)

The exact model nr of my T20 is the 2647.

Thanks for any leads.

cheers
erik