[ltp] It works! But I have questions

Sat, 09 Dec 2000 02:39:47 GMT

I have a 770Z, just installed RH7 and most things seem to be working.
Before I bang my head against the wall, I have a few questions about out
the non-working things.

1.  Sound, can it be made to work?

2. Modem, shall I just install a PCCard?

3. Video - anybody know what the fastest/best video driver is?  It seems a
little slow.

4. Video - while I have your attention - this has always bugged me.  What
is the fastest refresh rate the video can support on an external monitor
at 1280x1024?

5. Disk - is it safe to run the IDE disks with DMA on?  (hdparm -d1
/dev/hda)

6. Non Thinkpad related - VMware hates the kernel that ships with RH7
(2.2.16?) - CD-ROMs show up as music CD's.  Redhat has no update to .17
available as RPM's.  Any suggestions?  Shall I be patient, or go get it
from kernel.org.

Thanks
-JeffR