[ltp] lphdisk

Michael Kroh linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 12:22:02 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, Vivek Dasmohapatra wrote:

>Has anyone used lphdisk [http://www.procyon.com/~pda/lphdisk/]
>on a thinkpad [esp. the A20] with any success?

I've tried it, but to no avail.  Actually, I think the newer thinkpads
exclusively use a FAT or FAT32 partition to store a file called
"save2dsk.bin".  In other words, instead of using partition type a0, it
just looks for (at least, I'm guessing...) any FAT partition - and maybe
NTFS, and also maybe "hidden" FAT.

So just try a vfat formatted FAT32 partition, and you should be fine...

Regards,
kroh