[ltp] cs4232 APM support for OSS (was APM suspend, PCMCIA & AC-Power)

Tue, 19 Dec 2000 15:26:09 -0800 (PST)

On 19-Dec-00 Holger Kiehl wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Dec 2000 Till.Straumann@tu-berlin.de wrote:
>
>> You shouldn't have to unload sound drivers. ALSA supports APM
>> and I created a patch for cs4232/OSS-free which implements APM
>> support. The sound driver restores its register (mixer etc.)
>> settings upon APM resume.
>>
> Did this patch go into the offical kernel tree?

I don't think so. I had announced it on this list but it seems
that most people are more excited about ALSA (as a matter of
fact, the ALSA cs4232 APM support was inspired by that patch).

However, for me, the kernel's standard driver works very well
and seems less bloated.

You can find it at

  http://www-hft.ee.tu-berlin.de/~strauman/

Note that this server is _very_ slow. I plan to mirror my
stuff elsewhere in the near future.

Till