Success on Thinkpad 240 (was: [ltp] Thinkpad 240)

Arcady Genkin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
10 Feb 2000 00:40:23 -0500

Hi all!

This is just to report successful installation of Slackware 7 on a
Thinkpad 240.

All went perfectly well. No problems to configure X, lilo, or
whatsoever. I even got sound working with esssolo1 driver (kernel
2.2.12, and will try with 2.2.14 tonight, but see no reason why it
wouldn't work with 2.2.14 if it works with 2.2.12).

I haven't figured this APM stuff out completely yet, but this is my
first notebook, and I need to look into it a bit more.

I compiled pcmcia modules 3.1.10 and my networking card got
autodetected fine.

Cheers!

--
Arcady Genkin                                 http://www.thpoon.com