[ltp] HD converter from Toshiba to tp

Thu, 10 Feb 2000 20:57:54 -0500

the ibm drives just have a "shell" around them which you could
take off and put on the toshiba.

You can buy these shells for ~65$ im not certain where  - just do a
web search

good luck

brad Date sent:      	Thu, 10 Feb 2000 16:55:24 -0700 (MST)
From:           	"M. Leo Cooper" <thegrendel@theriver.com> To:
        	linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com Subject:        	[ltp] HD
converter from Toshiba to tp Send reply to:  	linux-
thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com

> I just got a good deal on a Toshiba model 2.5" 1.4 gig HDD2714B hard
> drive.  I'd like to install it as a data backup in a Linux-based tp 760EL
> or 365XD. Of course, the connectors do not match. The Toshiba drive
> has what looks like a miniatured version of a standard IDE connector,
> while the tp has one of those right-angle female jacks. Is there some
> sort of hardware converter available? Where? Or am I dreaming?
>
> Mendel

Bradley W. Langhorst
Whitehead Institute
Center for Genome Research