[ltp] [Fwd: [Fwd: A linux driver for IBM TrackPoint devices (GPL)]]

Harald Milz linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 09:05:59 +0100 (CET)

A Kumar <kumara2@rpi.edu> wrote:

> So if you aren't going to be helpful why don't you shut the hell up!!!

Me? Not helpful? Who do you think gave Torsten the MWave SDK? This
is why I ask for help. I want to be constructive, and this can mean
putting existing activities in question (this was how and why Linux was
created in the first place). I have near-zero programming skills
(especially when it comes to device drivers...) so maybe some folks on
the list want / are able to help. Torsten has some working code but he
can't work on the driver full time. So please if you think you can be of
any help contact Torsten - and maybe contact Caldera management to put more
resources on the topic. But you have a point here: if you just want to
consume a working MWave driver I should really shut the hell up. Continue
with the menu entry "wishful thinking".

Sorry if it looked as if I criticized the petition as such. This is not
the case. I signed it about a year ago.  I just wanted to point out that
IMHO the petition (as useful as it sure is to show IBM that there _is_
interest) isn't enough, and we need to do something more about MWave. If
RPI represents a large business opportunity - fine. Told your IBM sales
rep lately?

--
The number of arguments is unimportant unless some of them are
correct.