[ltp] ThinkPad 240 Serial Port?

Nico D linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 15:44:26 +0100

On 14, 2000, 12:07:16 AM, "David H. Silber" wrote:
DHS> I have Debian Linux running on my ThinkPad 240.  But I can not get the
DHS> serial port to work.  Is there anything special about this hardware, or
DHS> should I be working my way through the Serial-HOWTO?

DHS> Kernel 2.2.14

DHS> There is a boot message that says:
DHS>     Serial driver version 4.27 with no serial options enabled

May be you should tell the BIOS to enable the serial port, you can do
it with tpctl under Linux or using ps2.exe under "Windows":
c:\thinkpad\ps2 imodem disable (to disable the MWave stuff)
c:\thinkpad\ps2 serial enable (to enable the internal PCMCIA serial port)
c:\thinkpad\ps2 sera enable  (to enable the external serial port)

Good luck
Nico