[ltp] network not joined

Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:47:01 +0100

Did you try something like this?
First, see in NT wich IRQ and I/O address the card uses

Then, in Linux, you go in /etc/conf.modules
and try to have things around
alias eth0 ne
options ne io=0x300 irq=11

the info is found in
http://www.redhat.com/support/hardware/intel/61/rh6.1-hcl-i.ld-11.html
please try with htm and html as it was not well printed out, and I don't
remember this by hart.

Hope it helps

                    "Hawtin, James"
                    <james.hawtin@w        To:     "'linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com'"
                    com.co.uk>             <linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com>
                                           cc:
                    12/01/2000             Subject:     RE: [ltp] network not joined
                    10:25
                    Please respond
                    linux-thinkpad

> How do I disable the serial port, ir port and parallel port?

Or your could add
exclude irq 3,4,7

in your pcmcia.opts

(I think)

Ok looks like its picking up the same irq as the serial port would be on.

There are 3 ways you can disable the serial port.

1) Use the thinkpad configuration program under windows
(This should be have been installed by ibm's distrubtion)
or you can get it from there web site

2) Use the ps2 program underdos
(Its in a set of tools on IBMs web site)

3) Use tpctl for linux but you will have to compile up at one

Urls anyone, my thinkpad is at home at the moment....

James

This communication contains information which is confidential and
may also be privileged.  It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s),
please note that any distribution, copying or use of this
communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.
the sender immediately and then destroy any copies of it.
--
MCI WorldCom Year 2000 information http://www.wcom.co.uk/2000