[ltp] telnet

Les Bell linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 09:46:08 +1100

Don Marti wrote:

>> Your system is functioning correctly.  Telnet is now generally
considered insecure and irresponsible.

The secure replacement for telnet is OpenSSH <<

"Considered insecure" by whom? While it is true that telnet passes login
passwords over a network in the clear, and that on the public Internet that
*might* be considered an unacceptable risk, its use on a small private
network might be quite acceptable.

You might be interested in this excerpt from the latest RISKS-Digest: