[ltp] EPP/ECP control with tpctl

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 13:17:45 -0500

Try tpctl 0.8.4, currently available via the tpctl download page
http://panopticon.csustan.edu/tpctl/tpctldown.htm

 This is a beta release for testing purposes.  (I plan
 to make the tpctl --rx nicer, etc.)  Can you please
 try it out and see if it does what you want?

 The modes available are:
 COMP  = compatible = SPP with traditional pulse interrupt
 EXT   = extended   = SPP with level interrupt
 EPP   = enhanced parallel port (version 1.9, IEEE 1284 compliant)
 ECP   = extended capabilities parallel port (IEEE 1284 compliant)

 To set the mode, do, e.g.:
    tpctl --rp=EPP

Thomas Hood