[ltp] SerialPort for Palm V

Mikhail 'Misha' Rutman linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 19:03:39 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I am trying to set up my ThinkPad 600x to sync with my PalmV. I am having
troubles in getting the serial port to work. I have determined that the
appropriate device is /dev/ttyS0. I also ran the PS2.EXE utility to enable
the serial port and also to turn the power on. Some sys outputs follow:

[root ]# setserial /dev/ttyS0
/dev/ttyS0, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x0, IRQ: 0
[root ]# tpctl --rx
resource state:                                  current
 floppy controller:                             enable  0x3f0 IRQ6
 parallel port:                                 enable  0x3bc IRQ7 ext'd
 serial port 1:                                 enable  0x0   IRQ0
 serial port 2:                                 enable  0x3f8 IRQ4

When I run the command 'install-user /dev/pilot misha 1' it just hangs,
which makes me believe that there is something wrong with the serial port
(the IRQ0 looks a little fishy -- since IRQ0 is reserved for the sys time,
I think). The palm does not act like its being proded.

Could anyone shed some light onto what can I do to get the palm and the
TPad to talk?

Much thanks,
Misha
PS I am running RedHat6.2 and 2.2.14-5 kernel on ThinkPad600x with KDE