[ltp] Starting with a clean slate on a TP240... advice?

Jason T. Breitweg linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
06 Jul 2000 16:32:47 +0200

Sorry for the cross posting on 3 different linux thinkpad mailing
lists but I wanted to make sure I was reaching the most people *grin*.

Anyway I am getting ready to make a new install of SuSE 6.4 on my
TP240 and I want to do away with all the Windows stuff since it is
just taking up space that could be used more wisely in other ways.
But I want to make sure that I don't throw away all chances that I
will be able to use hibernation on this machine.  So what should I do?

Do I need to make a small DOS partition?  If so how big does it have
to be do be able to hold the hibernation file (I have 192MB of RAM in
my machine)?  Also how do I create this file?  Do I need to use the
old hibernation file or can I use use the utility that I have on a
floppy from IBM's site (the Hibernation Utility Disk for Standalone
boot is its name) to create a fresh one?

I just don't want to go ahead and make the whole hard drive one big
ext2 partition and find out that that isn't what I should have done.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks very much.

Jason

--
Jason T. Breitweg
E-Mail: Jason.Breitweg@blind-guardian.com