[ltp] Using TP as serial console

Thu, 6 Jul 2000 16:09:11 -0400

Hi,

I'm trying to use a TP 770X as a serial console and am having trouble reading from the
serial port.  I'm trying to use minicom.  /etc/minirc.dfl is:

# Machine-generated file - use "minicom -s" to change parameters.
pr port             /dev/ttyS1
pu baudrate         9600
pu bits             8
pu parity           N

But nothing seems to be arriving.  I've taken a serial cable/null modem
and attached
them to the com devices on my office machine, and I've been able to type
to one device and read from the other.  When I move the cable to the TP,
I see nothing.

I assume I've got my IRQs/ports screwed up, but I don't know how to
proceed.  I have disabled
the IR device in order to get my PCMCIA modem working.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.
--Len

PS - the contents of /proc/interrupts is:

           CPU0
  0:     952345          XT-PIC  timer
  1:      10523          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  3:      86727          XT-PIC  ibmtr_cs
  5:          0          XT-PIC  Crystal audio controller
 5:          0          XT-PIC  Crystal audio controller
  8:          2          XT-PIC  rtc
 10:          4          XT-PIC  i82365
 12:     120238          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 13:          1          XT-PIC  fpu
 14:      20315          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:          4          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0