[ltp] Linux on the T20

Lai Zit Seng linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 00:53:29 +0800 (SGT)

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 kfrechet@us.ibm.com wrote:

> As Frank Novak mentioned, our Linux models for the T20 and A20m will soon
> be generally available. However, I'll respond to your individual items. I
> realize that you might not have the option of buying the Linux model, and
> perhaps you'll need to install Linux on T20's that you already have.

Keith, thanks a lot for the information! It is really great to know
exactly the potential issues with Linux support on the T20, and what IBM
is putting into the Linux preload models. This will give confidence to
customers (at least to me anyway) :)

Do you know if all these IBM customizations for the Linux preload will be
available on the web?

You're right... I don't have the option for Linux preload and as you might
guess, the T20s are severely backordered too :)

> I hope this helps you in your decision making.

You bet it does :) I'm sure it'll help many other folks too!

Regards,

.lzs