[ltp] Linux on the T20

Bill Mair linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 20:44:44 +0200

Keith Frechette wrote:

> > 770's go all brown and bad if you do this.
>
> This seems to work just fine on the T20. Perhaps you should upgrade! :-)

I remember once I said that if IBM were ever to bring out another system
with a 1280x1024 display that I would upgrade. Hmm a 15" 1400x1050 is
just
a wee bit better. Do you know if I can re-use the RAM from my 770X ?

Are there plans to do a pre-load on the A20P ?? Then we're talking....

> Components that are modified are being release under their original
> licenses. For new code done by Linuxcare, I believe they've used the GPL.

Now that's turbo cool.

> > If Lucent can do this, then when will IBM follow suit and do the same
> > thing for their MWave/ACP modems ????
>
> No comment. (Well, what did you expect?!)

854 people (including myself) would like this to happen though....
(See http://www.bm-soft.com/~bm/mwave_petition.html )